Thursday, July 10, 2008

Answers Every Great Dane Owner Know....

I came across this on a website and just about peed my pants! So funny!



Q: "How did he get soooo big?"
A: "We put Miracle Grow in his water."

Q: "Do you have a saddle for that thing?"
A: "Oh no, he's been trained to carry me in his mouth."

Q: "What kind of dog is that?"
A: "It's not really a dog, it's a Holstien. He's just a little confused."

Q: "How much does he eat?"
A: "Two kids a week"

Q: "Why is he so big?"
A: "We live near a nuclear power plant."

Q: "Does he bite?"
A: "Only on Tuesdays. Oops, that's today, isn't it?"

Q: "How much does he eat?"
A: "How much do you weigh?"

Q: "Can I ride him?"
A: "No, he charges too much"

Q: "What do you feed a 150-pound dog?"
A: "Anything he wants."

Q: "Have you fed that thing today?"
A: "Why? Are are you missing a kid?"

Q: "Why does he have one blue eye and one brown eye?"
A: "He had two different fathers.

9 comments:

suzy's jewels and gem said...

cute!!!

Anonymous said...

The "Dane" in their name implies they were originally a Scandinavian breed, but somewhere in the back of my mind I identify Great Danes with the Anglo Saxons and the Germanic peoples. I wonder if they got into England with the Danes when the Vikings were colonizing parts of England. Do you know where the breed originated, and what the dogs were orginally bred for? They look like fighters or hunters to me.

crazy4danes said...

Suz- I know huh?!

Hermit- It is thought that Iranian nomads brought a mastiff like dog into Spain and Germany...and then the Germans bred the mastiff like dog with Greyhounds to get the lean yet large Great Danes we have now. So most believe it was the Germans who first developed this breed, and they are of the Mastiff family. They were used for Wild Boar hunting and that's why they originally cropped the ears...to keep them out of the way of the boar's tusks. Even though the name "Dane" implies Scandinavian they actually have no ties to that region. I on the other hand do! :D

Blythe said...

I am so jealous of your beautiful dogs! My golden retriever Kylie is the best thing in my life, but I'd love to get a great dane as well. I'm sure Kylie would love to have a buddy since my cats won't give her the time of day!

crazy4danes said...

Blythe- I love Goldens...I groom a really great one named Sassy! My dogs love playing! We should do a doggy play date sometime! :D

Anonymous said...

C4D, leave it to the Germans to breed a new dog in their constant search for efficiency. That's interesting to know. Hunting makes sense, they've got the size.

Didn't know you had Nordic ancestry. I'm Scotch Irish, or as the Brits say, Scots Irish.

Bar L. said...

LOL! These are fun. I had a good friend when I was HS that had Danes and he is now my pet's Vet. I used to love going to his house to visit his Danes, they really are Great!

crazy4danes said...

Hermit- Yes...I am Danish, German :)

Michelle said...

I would like to see better conformation being breed into the "Fawnaquin" they have such beautiful colors!!